Mel Vincent Christmas Cards
Loading

Mel Vincent Christmas Cards

FREE Shipping on orders over $99! No Sales Tax!

Mel Vincent Christmas Cards

Mel Vincent Christmas Cards

 
Biography: Born in Nampa, Idaho 1925. Graduated from Nampa High School 1943. US Navy Air Corps'43-'46. Minneapolis School Of Art '47. Furniture illustrator Boutells Furniture, Minneapolis '47-'52. Free lance art/photo studio Minneapolis '52-'61. Art Director Breuner's Furniture, Sacramento '61-'62. Advertising/Art Director Rubenstein's Furniture, Eugene '62-'88. Free lance art/photo studio Eugene, '88 to present.

Awards, Exhibits Include: Two Lane County Fair Purchase Awards, three Watercolor Society Of Oregon Best Of Show Awards, Exhibits include: University of Oregon Art Museum Focus Gallery, Maude Kerns Art Center, Crossroads Art Center, Baker City Oregon, Oregon College Of Education, McMinnville Public Library, Eugene Public Library, Nampa Idaho Public library, Portland Art Museum Rental Sales.

Mel Vincent Christmas Cards

Click On Picture For Larger Image

Christmas Card 5" x 7" card with matching envelopes, cards are reproductions of original paintings by Mel Vincent.

Mel Vincent is a Local Artist based out of Eugene, Oregon which is Approx 50 Miles from Our Store located in Blue River Oregon

FREE Shipping over $99!

 

Christmas Treasures Item Sku: MVCT

Christmas Treasures


-It's Christmas every day of the year at Christmas Treasures. Located 2 miles East of Blue River on McKenzie Hwy 126, this unique Christmas store offers a myriad of gifts imported Old World tree decorations to fine art, note cards, collectibles and wood carvings. Two friendly 6' tall carved wooden bears welcome patrons through the door where they are transformed into the Holiday Spirit regardless of the time of the year. Opened in 1993 by Patrick Dibala and Nancy Wood and family, the former building was renovated into it's present colorful "Old World" motif. Home of the tallest lighted Christmas tree, 150 feet tall with more than 100,000 lights it presents a spectacular display of color to be enjoyed by all who stop in or pass by.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Finn Rock General Store Item Sku: MVFR

Finn Rock General Store


There's one thing definitely true about Finn Rock-it was named for Benjamin F. Finn. Finn was an early McKenzie River area settler from Missouri who said that before he moved to Oregon he worked on the Mississippi River as first mate for Grey Eagle steamboat. Finn's job required him to break up fights between co-workers. The slang of the Mississippi River workers of those days called such peace-keepers a "huckleberry." Ben Finn said all of this could be confirmed with a certain fellow he met on the Mississippi, a Mr. Mark Twain.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

The McKenzie Deli and Stagecoach Stop Item Sku: MVMD

The McKenzie Deli and Stagecoach Stop


Located in Cedar Flat, the McKenzie Deli and Stagecoach Stop is 8 1/2 miles East of Springfield on Highway 126. Cedar Flat is the gateway to 60 miles of the scenic drive along the McKenzie River. The Deli has been owned and operated by Patsy Wilson since 1998. In it's earlier years, the building had been the location of a cafe, fabric store, hotel and a stage coach stop in the late 1800's and even rumored to have been a brothel in the 1930's (Although old timers will neither confirm or deny this fact) Today hungry travelers can partake of modestly priced fare from hamburgers and ice cream to complete dinners. Breakfast is served daily. Open Monday through Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM, Sunday 8 AM to 3 PM.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Walterville Feed & Tackle Item Sku: MVWF

Walterville Feed & Tackle


Located 6 miles East of Springfield on Highway 126, Walterville is one of Lane Counties oldest communities. George Millican settled here in 1863 where he raised cattle. He named the town after his son Walter. In 1986 Carol Brooks opened the present Walterville Feed and Tackle store serving the areas farming community with specialty feeds and supplies from saddles to hay, fishing gear and yard and garden supplies. Known as "Carol's Place" Walterville Feed and Tackle is much more than just a feed store...it's the community general store offering boots, clothing, cards and gifts and more. It serves as a gathering place for local residents to stop by and visit as well as purchase their needs. And, if you want to know where the fish are biting on the McKenzie, Carol can give you a tip or two as well as provide the tied files, lures and bait for the best results.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

AA Lumber Mill At Blue River, Circa 1950s Item Sku: MVAA

AA Lumber Mill At Blue River, Circa 1950's


In 1950 Everett Armstrong and Hal Andrus formed a partnership and built the AA Lumber mill on the outskirts of Blue River. In 1952 Everett bought out Hal Andrus and operated the mill until the 1960's when it was sold to Forrest Solomon. Oldham Crane Services built the mill pond. The twin wigwam burners were used to dispose of waste by burning it. Environmental issues ended the practice of burning waste in the 1970's and the burners began to disappear form the Oregon landscape. The mill closed sometime after 1970 and the mill pond was filled and is the proposed location of the Blue River High School sports field.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Bend In The McKenzie River At The Delta Campground Near Blue River Item Sku: MVDC

Bend In The McKenzie River At The Delta Campground Near Blue River


5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Bank Fishing At The Mouth Of The Blue River Item Sku: MVBF

Bank Fishing At The Mouth Of The Blue River


5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Drift Boat Fishing On the McKenzie River Item Sku: MVDB

Drift Boat Fishing On the McKenzie River


5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Fly Fishing On The Metolius River Item Sku: MVMR

Fly Fishing On The Metolius River


5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Goodpasture Bridge Item Sku: MVGB

Goodpasture Bridge


The Goodpasture Bridge is one of nineteen covered bridges in Lane County. That accounts for more covered bridges than any other county in the United states west of the Appalachian mountains. Goodpasture Bridge spans the beautiful McKenzie River and in addition to adding to the beauty of the area, the bridge affords access to homes, fishing and logging on the south side of the river. Built in 1938, considerable reconstruction was done in 1987. Goodpasture Bridge is located 26 miles east of Springfield on highway 126.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Black Butte Ranch Item Sku: MVBR

Black Butte Ranch


Offering two of the finest resort golf courses in the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the snowcapped Three Sisters mountains, Three Fingered Jack and Black Butte, the breathtaking setting is one of a kind. Black Butte Big Meadow is a 6,790 yard championship course carved out of a valley created by glaciers. Ponderosa tree lined fairways, bunkers and strategic traps challenge the skills of all golfers. The 6,570 yard Glaze Meadows is hillier with narrower fairways than Big Meadow. Both courses are known for their slick, well manicured contoured greens. For playability and beauty, these courses are an unforgettable experience. Pictured is hole #14 at Black Butte Ranch

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Tokatee Golf Club Item Sku: MVTG

Tokatee Golf Club


Is on Golf Digest's (1992) list of the best 25 public courses in the country. Located 45 miles east of Eugene on highway 126, it is "a place of rest-full beauty". (The meaning of the Indian word "Tokatee") A Challenging 6842 yards in a setting of firs, cedars, pines and maple trees, Tokatee challenges golfers of all levels and at the same time offers some of the most beautiful scenery in Oregon. The McKenzie river is just south of the course and if the golfing isn't going well, the fish might be biting.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Heceta Head Lighthouse Item Sku: MVHH

Heceta Head Lighthouse


Heceta Head Lighthouse was named after Bruno Heceta, a captain in the Royal Navy of Spain, who explored Oregon's coastline in 1775. Construction of the lighthouse began in 1894, and started service in 1894. It's original light source was a live wick coal oil lamp and was visible for 20 miles. A gas light was installed in 1910 and later gas was replaced by electricity. The lighthouse and caretaker's house (which is reportedly haunted) is one of the most photographed scenes on the west coast.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Heceta Lighthouse At Devils Elbow State Park Item Sku: MVDE

Heceta Lighthouse At Devil's Elbow State Park


Located twelve miles north of Florence on Hwy 101. Turn west from Devil's Elbow State Park and hike one-half mile north to the lighthouse, passing the keeper's house along the path. The lighthouse and keeper's house were built in 1894, both are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Victorian style Keeper's House has been restored to it's original splendor and serves as an interpretive center and bed and breakfast. The lighthouse is a working lighthouse. From 205 feet above the ocean, it's Fresnel casts a light some 21 miles out to sea. The lighthouse is said to be the most photographed lighthouse in the U.S.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Yaquina Head Lighthouse Item Sku: MVYH

Yaquina Head Lighthouse


Located 3 miles north of Newport, Yaquina Head Lighthouse is one of the most beautiful lighthouses in America. After its completion, the light was first lit on August 20, 1873. At that time the tall majestic tower stood alongside the keeper's two story dwelling, a barn and outbuildings. The first keeper, Fayette Crosby, served here for two years before beginning service at the Umpqua River Lighthouse in 1857. The lighthouse was automated in 1966, ending the era of station attendants.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Cape Arago Lighthouse Item Sku: MVCA

Cape Arago Lighthouse


Located 12 miles southwest of North Bend and Coos Bay off U.S. Hwy 101, Cape Arago lighthouse stands 100 feet above the ocean on an islet just off Gregory Point. It's light is atop a 44' tower that was illuminated in 1934. The present lighthouse is the newest in service of all the lighthouses on the Oregon coast. However, earlier structures were built on the site in 1866 and 1908, both succumbing to weather and erosion. Cape Arago lighthouse is not open to the public, but good views are available from the trail at Sunset Bay State Park south of the lighthouse.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Cape Blanco Lighthouse Item Sku: MVCB

Cape Blanco Lighthouse


Cape Blanco is the westernmost point in Oregon. Until a government survey found a remote point further west in Washington, Cape Blanco was thought to be the point farthest west in the U.S. It is, however, the westernmost point accessible by automobile. A Spanish expedition reached Cape Blanco in 1603, and the first lighthouse was built around 1870. The original 50,000 candlepower light was a five wick kerosene lamp. In 1910 the kerosene lamp was replaced by bunsen lamp that used a mantle instead of wicks although it was also powered by kerosene. Today the light is a 1000 watt electric globe that can be seen 22 miles at sea. Not only is Cape Blanco the westernmost point in Oregon it is also the windiest with gusts up to 100 miles per hour during winter storms.

5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Red Barn in Snow Item Sku: MVRB

Red Barn in Snow


5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Thistledown Farm in Wheat Item Sku: MVTF

Thistledown Farm in Wheat


Located on River Road 3 miles North of Eugene, Oregon, Thistledown Farm has gone through many changes since it's early beginnings over 100 years ago. Louis Vitus made the original lamd claim in the early 1800's by staking out it's boundaries in a boat drawn by horses...the land was flooded at the time. Thistledown has supported many families over the years. It has grown wheat, clover, been a pasture for horses, dairy and beef cattle, and until the hard freeze of 1972 which killed 400 walnut trees, it produced up to 60 tons of dried walnuts yearly. The farm was purchased in 1981 by it's present owners, Randy and Pam Henderson, who with their sons Justin, Ryan and Jared, have put their long hours and energy to create one of Oregon's most popular fresh produce and flower markets. The Henderson family resides in the 100 year old Victorian style farmhouse that was built on the property in 1898. The farm's 210 acres is presently planted in more than 10,000 peach, apple, cherry and filbert trees, as well as sweet corn, a variety of vegetables, pumpkins and flowers which are offered for sale in the Big Red Barn. Eight greenhouses provide over 30,000 sq. ft. of space for starting vegetables, perennials and flowers. Visited by thousands of people each year, Louis Vitus would be amazed to see his land claim today! Open daily 9 to 6 Mid-April through Halloween.
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Goodpasture Bridge Item Sku: MVGB-1

Goodpasture Bridge


The Goodpasture Bridge is one of nineteen covered bridges in Lane County. That accounts for more covered bridges than any other county in the United states west of the Appalachian mountains. Goodpasture Bridge spans the beautiful McKenzie River and in addition to adding to the beauty of the area, the bridge affords access to homes, fishing and logging on the south side of the river. Built in 1938, considerable reconstruction was done in 1987. Goodpasture Bridge is located 26 miles east of Springfield on highway 126.
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Moon, Millpond and Burners Item Sku: MVMM

Moon, Millpond and Burners


This is a composite scene of mills that were to be found in the valleys, stream's and mountains of Oregon in the earlier years of the logging industry. Mel painted it at the request and enthusiasm of Scott Bartlett of Eugene, Oregon, who describes in great detail a picture in his mind of the way he remembered some of the old mills. That was the inspiration for the original 36" x 48" watercolor that Scott owns.
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Wigwam Waste Burner Item Sku: MVWW

Wigwam Waste Burner


This former burner at the Davidson Lumber Company of Mapleton, Oregon is typical of the Wigwam waste burners to be seen at numerous lumber mills located in Oregon during the early years of logging. This on e was replaced by a new silver-colored burner designed to meet the air pollution standards of the Lane County Pollution control. Much of the wood wsate that was formerly burned is now processed into fine wood particles and used to mulch and beautify lawns and gardens.
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Mt. June Lumber Company Item Sku: MVLC

Mt. June Lumber Company


Unfortunately, Mt. June Lumber Company went the way of many other smaller than the giants lumber companies, and closed down in the 1980's. During their heyday, when logs were plentiful, 75 people were employed and another 75 were contracted to supply logs which were transformed into lumber at ta rate of up to 100,000 board feet a day. Located on Jasper Road a few miles South of Springfield, Oregon, little remains of the mill today.
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Mapleton...Siuslaw River Low Tide Item Sku: MVSL

Mapleton...Siuslaw River Low Tide


At low tide the Siuslaw River presents a beautiful mirror like reflection. When the tide is up and the Winter rains come, the scene can be a different story. The high water mark can cover the streets and threaten the town's buildings. But the tide goes out and the rains stop and it's business as usual in the café's and shops that front Highway 126. Mapleton was named by "Grandma" Bean because of the many Oregon Big Leaf Maples in the area. A post office called Seaton was established near this location in 1885, with William W. Neely the postmaster. Mrs. Bean became postmaster in 1889 and the name of the post office was changed to Mapleton in 1896. Mapleton is located 47 miles West of Eugene, Oregon and 14 miles East of Florence, Oregon on Hwighway 126.
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Valley, Moon and River Item Sku: MVRM

Valley, Moon and River


This painting is a "pigment of my imagination" Mel says. It is a composite of images recalled from "rides" in the hills and valleys of Lane County.
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

House on the Siuslaw Item Sku: MVHS

House on the Siuslaw


A mile East of Florence, Oregon, on the South bank of the Siuslaw River, stands this solitary abandoned white frame house. The house has been vacant for more than 45 years. This painting of the house, done in 1972, shows the house before the seasonal floods, tides and weather took its toll. Today it is partially hidden by fir trees and blackberry bushes and is slowly sinking into the bank of the Siuslaw. Access to the house is by boat only. Author Ken Kesey based his novel Sometimes A Great Notion, the story of a rebellious Oregon logging family, upon inspirations the house gave him.
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

The McKenzie River at Ben and Kay Dorris Park Item Sku: MVBK

The McKenzie River at Ben and Kay Dorris Park


5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Black Butte Ranch Item Sku: MVBR-1

Black Butte Ranch


Offering two of the finest resort golf courses in the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the snowcapped Three Sisters mountains, Three Fingered Jack and Black Butte, the breathtaking setting is one of a kind. Black Butte Big Meadow is a 6,790 yard championship course carved out of a valley created by glaciers. Ponderosa tree lined fairways, bunkers and strategic traps challenge the skills of all golfers. The 6,570 yard Glaze Meadows is hillier with narrower fairways than Big Meadow. Both courses are known for their slick, well manicured contoured greens. For playability and beauty, these courses are an unforgettable experience. Pictured is hole #5 at Glaze Meadow, 155 yard, par three
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty:

Belknap Bridge Item Sku: MVBB

Belknap Bridge


The original Belknap Bridge was constructed in 1890 by Mr. T. Thompson. This bridge was replaced in 1911 by Lane county with another covered structure. The third bridge was erected by Lane County in 1939. This bridge was destroyed by the Christmas flood of 1964. The present structure was opened to traffic on October 31, 1966 and was restored in 1992.
5" x 7" Card with Envelope
$3.00  
Qty: