In 1950 Everett Armstrong and Hal Andrus formed a partnership and built the AA Lumber mill on the outskirts of Blue River. In 1952 Everett bought out Hal Andrus
and operated the mill until the 1960's when it was sold to Forrest Solomon. Oldham Crane Services built the mill pond. The twin wigwam burners were used to
dispose of waste by burning it. Environmental issues ended the practice of burning waste in the 1970's and the burners began to disappear form the Oregon
landscape. The mill closed sometime after 1970 and the mill pond was filled and is the proposed location of the Blue River High School sports field.